Wednesday 12 October 2011

Charity Shop Score: Pagan Prayer Beads

I've been scouting around for beads to make a pagan rosary with after reading Pagan Prayer Beads.  I sorted through my own jewelry drawer first.  


 There's a lovely moonstone locket in there, along with a moon talisman, a couple of garnet pendants, a pearl from Hawaii, and some other stuff.




Then I picked up some cheap beads at Sainsbury's




These are for spacers and what-not.


Today I scouted out the local charity shop and hit the jackpot.  See the ivory coloured bracelet?  It's real mother of pearl!




My youngest boy has already stolen the other bracelet and the green necklace.  The smaller green beads have gold highlights, and are really, really lovely.


And, finally, I went to the The Bead Shop in Annahilt.  





These are all glass and metal (hard to see them in their bags, but I didn't want them all rolling off).  I really was hoping for some semi-precious beads, especially moonstone, but they're still gorgeous.


I'm planning on making them into either a triple goddess rosary or a 5 elements rosary.  I'll have to see how the spirit moves me.

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful finds. Hope to see the end result soon.

    Blessings, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm really excited (and nervous) about this project. Hopefully I'll get to start tomorrow while my minions are in school!

    ReplyDelete