Tuesday 13 September 2011

44 Days of Witchery 1

What's Your Witchy Background?


I've always believed  in magic.  All the books I can remember reading as a young child revolved around magic: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, Andre Norton's Witchworld series.  When I was about 8 or 9 I was introduced to Greek and Roman "mythology" in school and was fascinated.  I read everything I could find on the subject.  By the time I was 10 I wanted to be a High Priestess when I grew up.  I strained my little brain trying to use my "powers." 


About this same time I became the victim of severe bullying at school.  I was called a witch and a satan worshipper.  The hatred that was directed at me was violent and painful and I became terribly depressed.  Within a couple of years I had lost my way, but still always hoped for my faith to return.  I believe in mysterious ways and am glad to this flower is beginning to bloom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment