Friday 26 August 2011

In Which I Explore A New Career.

In my never-ending saga of deciding "what do I want to be when I grow up," I've invested in some software.
Now, this isn't the highest rated product for cross stitch design, but it was cheap, on Amazon UK, and well-rated.  If I feel I'm doing well, I'll splash out for the big boy.  What I plan on doing is developing patterns for small ornament kits for various holidays.  I want to start with Halloween, although I wonder if Christmas/Yule would be a better plan, as I would have more time to design and assemble.

After two days of owning my software, I'm still overloaded with ideas, and am still trying to translate ideas to computer.  I have a tendency to be overly ambitious with my projects.  I spent an hour trying to make a respectable looking raven for a "Nevermore" pattern.  What I need to remember is to start small; words and borders.

Too see my inspiration for all this hullabaloo, see Katie Kutthroats Etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/katiekutthroat?ref=seller_info

No comments:

Post a Comment